Econbioroots Certified Organic Almonds 150g
- Almonds contain vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber, and so they may offer a number of health benefits. Just a handful of almonds approximately 1 ounce contains one-eighth of a person’s daily protein needs.
- Almonds are high in fat, but it is unsaturated fat. This type of fat does not increase the risk of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or “bad” cholesterol.
- Almonds contain calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin K, protein, and zinc, all of which contribute to bone health.
- Almonds are energy-dense nuts as they provide all the three macronutrients. They have 21% of carbohydrates, about 50% fat and 21% protein. A fistful of almonds will give a good boost of energy (2).
- Almonds contain vitamin E which exhibits potent antioxidant activity. Almond skin also has flavonoids which have an antioxidant property (8). Antioxidants are known to reduce the risk of several chronic degenerative diseases.
Almonds are nuts loaded with nutrients. They contain fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. The benefits of almonds are many as they are a good source of minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorous and potassium. Almonds provide vitamin E which is a potent anti-oxidant. Almond skin also has flavonoids which have anti-oxidant property. Almonds are rich sources of mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs and PUFAs. Almond flavonoids and vitamin E have antioxidant activity and may help to prevent oxidation of LDL-C the bad cholesterol which is a contributing factor of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs).